- 500ml dashi stock
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- A pinch of salt
- 1 carrot (thinly julienned)
- 3 small shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup cooked rice (can be frozen)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 4 tbsp spring onions (finely chopped)
- In a pot, bring dashi stock, soy sauce and salt to boil. Then add in the julienned carrots, sliced shitake mushrooms and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Add in the cooked rice and stir thoroughly to make sure there are no lumps of rice. Allow it to boil, and then turn heat down to medium small to simmer.
- Add the beaten egg and spread it evenly on the surface of the pot and then place lid on to cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and top with chopped spring onions.